As we all well know the flavor of fall is … wait for it…PUMPKIN, duh. Some love it some hate it. I for one love anything pumpkin! There are so many ways to incorporate pumpkin and pumpkin spice into your autumn meals, and you betcha, I’ve been “pumpkining” it up this fall.
From about October 1st on, I have been adding this delicious flavor into my daily diet. Here are a few ways how!
1. Pumpkin spiced black coffee (yum)! This is a healthier alternative to a pumpkin spice latte or pumpkin spice creamer. For those of you who MUST have some type of creamer, try using almond or coconut milk as a healthier alternative. I sometimes will steam my unsweetened almond milk with pumpkin spice for a fun fall morning cup of joe.
2. Pumpkin spiced oatmeal. In the fall months I will add pumpkin spice for an alternative version of my everyday oats. The half scoop of vanilla protein powder fuses beautifully with this pumpkin spice addition! Check out my Pro-Oatmeal recipe here, and just add 1 tsp of pumpkin spice for the added fall flavor.
4. Iced Spiced Pumpkin Yodels. In the past I would only make these delectable treats for Thanksgiving but now I'm asked to make them for Christmas, Birthdays, and other random occasions too! You can find my recipe HERE!
5. Can't forget the pups! Wrigley and Scout are both Kong lovers. For those of you who are unfamiliar with a Kong, it is a rubber dog toy with a hollow center. I started putting peanut butter in the center until I heard of the benefits of pumpkin for dogs. It is good for their digestive health, weight loss, and promotes healthy skin and fur. I like putting a pumpkin stuffed Kong in the freezer overnight and giving it to the mutts in the morning. It keeps them occupied longer because the delectable treat is frozen! Other times I simply mix the pumpkin puree into their food! Yum!
I know, I know I jumped on the pumpkin bandwagon here but it’s too good not to. That sweet pumpkin taste makes me feel all comfy and cozy inside. It’s the perfect flavor to capture the essence of fall.
- Mar 15, 2017 Green Paleo Protein Pancakes
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 Pumpkin here, pumpkin there, pumpkin pumpkin everywhere
- Oct 31, 2016 Pumpkin Acai Bowl
- Oct 26, 2016 Iced Spiced Pumpkin Yodels
- Oct 23, 2016 Pumpkin Spice Green Protein Smoothie
- Aug 16, 2016 What's For Dinner?
- May 16, 2016 Cauliflower Fried Rice
- May 12, 2016 Amazing Grass All-In-One Protein Superfood Nutrition Shake
- May 1, 2016 Fit Meets Fab Water Challenge
- April 2016
- Mar 31, 2016 What I Bring to a Baseball Game
- Mar 24, 2016 What I Eat in a Day
- Mar 21, 2016 Maggie's CocoDateNut Energy Balls
- Mar 16, 2016 Happy St. Patrick's Day: How to Eat Green All Day Long
- Mar 16, 2016 Quinoa Pesto Pasta w/ Shrimp & Chopped Veggies
- Mar 15, 2016 Green Protein Smoothie
- Mar 14, 2016 Homemade Shrimp Stir Fry w/ Fried Rice
- Mar 13, 2016 Paleo Egg Salad
- Mar 8, 2016 Homemade Slow-Cooked Turkey Sopes
- Mar 5, 2016 Green Juice Review
- Feb 26, 2016 My All-Time Favorite Superfood Article
- Feb 19, 2016 Egg White Veggie Scramble
- Feb 12, 2016 Healthy Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Feb 10, 2016 Homemade Protein Acai Bowl
- Feb 10, 2016 Pantry/Fridge Staples For Those On The Go
- Feb 6, 2016 Protein Oatmeal
- Feb 5, 2016 Skinny Slowcooker- Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes
- Jan 31, 2016 CLEAN EATS: Crockpot Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Jan 28, 2016 My Mug of Morning Magic
- Jan 26, 2016 Dijon Balsamic Roasted Veggie Salad
- Jan 22, 2016 Poached Eggs & Avocado Toast
- Jan 20, 2016 The Best Banana Cake Ever
- Jan 14, 2016 Cilantro Lime Avocado Hummus
- Jan 14, 2016 Gluten Free Banana/ Date Protein Bars