You might say I’m sort of a Green Juice snob. I say this because I’m picky when it comes to the juices I drink. I don’t usually drink green juices that have more than 6g of sugar. To be honest, I don’t even like having fruit in my green juice. I actually enjoy the taste of the greens. When I drink a green juice, I feel like I am ridding my body of toxins and I’m replenishing it with vitamins that are essential to keeping my body happy and healthy.
I have compiled a list of my favorite green juices from 5 different brands & what I look for on the nutrition label. Most of these can be found at your local grocery store… we all love convenience right?
Serving Size: 8 fl oz
Ingredients: Juices (celery, cucumber, spinach, romaine lettuce, kale, lime, parsley)
I like Evolution because it’s convenient. When I am on the road I can generally find a bottle of this brand at the grocery store or at Starbucks. Nothing says convenience like grabbing your morning cup of joe and your breakfast in one quick stop! The lime in this juice adds the perfect hint of citrus to hide the bitter kick kale and parsley can sometimes have.
Serving Size: 8 fl oz
Ingredients: cucumbers*, celery*, kale*, romaine*, lemons*, limes*, fennel*, parsley*, sprouted quinoa*, basil*, sea salt*, cayenne*
Forager’s Greens and Greens has a little cayenne kick and I LOVE IT! If you like a little spice, this juice is for you. I can find Forager at most grocery stores in all three cities we live in (Scottsdale, Roseville & San Francisco). I’ve even found this juice when on the road at gas stations and the occasional liquor store. Score!
Serving Size: 12 fl oz
Ingredients: cucumber juice*, celery juice*, grapefruit juice*, green chard juice*, green leaf lettuce juice*, lemon juice*, kale juice*, spinach juice*, parsley juice*, tea (peppermint & spearmint leaf)*--- *Organic
Suja has dozens of juices. My husband and I have been lucky enough to try most of the juice blends as Suja has sent us a few sample boxes in the past! Our favorites though, are the low sugar juices… especially the Uber Greens. What’s unique about this juice is the use of grapefruit instead of lemon or lime. If you don’t like grapefruit, don’t shy away from this juice. The grapefruit taste is not over-powering but does give the juice a nice citrus addition! Like Evolution and Forager, Suja is carried in most local grocery stores. What can I say…convenience scores points with me!
Serving size: 8 fl oz
Ingredients: kale, spinach, romaine, parsley, cucumber, celery, lemon, sea salt
Pressed Juicery is by far my FAVORITE bottled juice. They have so many low sugar options and they specifically mark them on their menu (genius)! My eyes light up when I know I am in a city that has a Pressed Juicery shop. To see a full list of the Pressed Juicery locations click here. Not only do their juices taste the best to me… they are ALWAYS having a sale! AND they let you create your own cleanses… mine usually consist of Greens 1.5, Roots 1 and an occasional citrus juice. I could go on and on with my Pressed Juicery obsession, but I will leave you with this… some locations have Pressed Juicery Freezes--- frozen vegan treats made from their juices with your choice of toppings. Vegan frozen “yogurt”, yes please!!!
1. Fresh Squeezed Juices
While the list above contains my favorite cold pressed bottled juice brands, I have to say when given a choice I’d pick a fresh squeezed juice every time. If I have the time, I will make my own fresh juices at home using ingredients from my all time favorite superfood article. If I am out and about running errands or have time after my morning workout to stop by a juice shop, I will! In Roseville I enjoy going to our local Nugget Market (a Whole Foods like grocery store) and I’ll grab a fresh squeezed green juice from their juice bar. In Scottsdale, I’ve been spoiled to have a Nektar Juice Bar right next door to Orangetheory Fitness (the same is true in San Diego)! I love grabbing a 16oz Greenie w/ no apple over ice after my workouts. If any of my readers are from San Francisco, I would love your fresh squeezed juice bar recommendations in the Marina area! If not… Pressed Juicery is down the street from my Pilates studio :)
A few final thoughts…I am a firm believer in keeping the sugar content low in juice. I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather eat an apple or orange than drink it. Keep in mind, the brands listed above DO have juice options with fruit in them (making the drink much sweeter)! But remember the sugar, carb, and calorie count will increase as fruit is added. I don’t take any vitamins or supplements and believe in getting my daily nutrients from FOOD. Juice is an easy way to make sure I’m getting my daily dose of greens. And I believe that a green juice a day helps keep the doctor away!
- Mar 15, 2017 Green Paleo Protein Pancakes
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 Pumpkin here, pumpkin there, pumpkin pumpkin everywhere
- Oct 31, 2016 Pumpkin Acai Bowl
- Oct 26, 2016 Iced Spiced Pumpkin Yodels
- Oct 23, 2016 Pumpkin Spice Green Protein Smoothie
- Aug 16, 2016 What's For Dinner?
- May 16, 2016 Cauliflower Fried Rice
- May 12, 2016 Amazing Grass All-In-One Protein Superfood Nutrition Shake
- May 1, 2016 Fit Meets Fab Water Challenge
- April 2016
- Mar 31, 2016 What I Bring to a Baseball Game
- Mar 24, 2016 What I Eat in a Day
- Mar 21, 2016 Maggie's CocoDateNut Energy Balls
- Mar 16, 2016 Happy St. Patrick's Day: How to Eat Green All Day Long
- Mar 16, 2016 Quinoa Pesto Pasta w/ Shrimp & Chopped Veggies
- Mar 15, 2016 Green Protein Smoothie
- Mar 14, 2016 Homemade Shrimp Stir Fry w/ Fried Rice
- Mar 13, 2016 Paleo Egg Salad
- Mar 8, 2016 Homemade Slow-Cooked Turkey Sopes
- Mar 5, 2016 Green Juice Review
- Feb 26, 2016 My All-Time Favorite Superfood Article
- Feb 19, 2016 Egg White Veggie Scramble
- Feb 12, 2016 Healthy Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Feb 10, 2016 Homemade Protein Acai Bowl
- Feb 10, 2016 Pantry/Fridge Staples For Those On The Go
- Feb 6, 2016 Protein Oatmeal
- Feb 5, 2016 Skinny Slowcooker- Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes
- Jan 31, 2016 CLEAN EATS: Crockpot Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Jan 28, 2016 My Mug of Morning Magic
- Jan 26, 2016 Dijon Balsamic Roasted Veggie Salad
- Jan 22, 2016 Poached Eggs & Avocado Toast
- Jan 20, 2016 The Best Banana Cake Ever
- Jan 14, 2016 Cilantro Lime Avocado Hummus
- Jan 14, 2016 Gluten Free Banana/ Date Protein Bars