Looking to food prep for the week and need a quick and easy snack? These super easy, super yummy protein bars definitely will leave you wanting more :)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 3 1/4 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 4 tbsp 100% gelatin
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 pitted dates
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 cup raw almonds & walnuts, chopped
- Organic coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 inch pan with organic coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: oat flour, protein powder, chia seeds, baking powder, & cinnamon. In a smaller bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together: almond milk, dates (or maple syrup), almond butter, bananas, & vanilla. Add wet to dry and stir until everything is mixed. Add in chopped nuts.
3. Pour mixture into the coconut oil prepared pan and smooth it out. Bake for 35-40 minutes until edges turn golden brown. Let cool. Cut into whatever size protein bars you desire! Store the bars in the refrigerator.
Here are the Nutrition Facts, calculated by My Fitness Pal:
Serving size 1 Bar. Servings per 9×13 dish, 16.
Please feel free to mix and match the ingredients and play around with the type of protein bar you want. The recipe above makes a super moist almost brownie like bar. If you prefer something more like a granola bar, add more nuts and include some dried fruit or cacao nibs as well. Protein bar recipes are always good to experiment with and really are all based on preference! Please give it a try if you a looking for a good grab and go snack or something to eat right after a workout!