With just about one month to go in the off-season I've had a lot on my mind lately. Finding a place to live for spring training, packing up our lives for 8 months unsure of where we will be spending the 6-month season, shipping cars, packing bags, traveling with dogs, are all things that have been racing through my mind since the holidays. Usually I am on top of finding a place to live during Spring Training, but this year with a new team, in a new location I've been a little lost.
The baseball life-style is misunderstood by many. A lot of people think that when we leave for Spring Training that we know where we will be for the rest of the year. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, it's quite the opposite. For most nothing is guaranteed and our life and location can change in a blink of an eye. Having said all that I really have learned how to embrace the uncertainty and enjoy this crazy lifestyle.
So, with just about a month to go I am beginning to wrap my head around moving and living out of a suitcase in the coming months. Once January hits I start feeling a bit overwhelmed, thinking… I can't possibly pack my whole closet into a few suitcases & I can't fathom leaving our dogs with their grandparents. This lifestyle may look glamorous from the outside, but as all of my baseball gypsies know the transition from the off-season to spring training to the baseball season is a bit unsettling to say the least. And yet I know it always works out :)
So here we go... We are moving in 5 weeks for 8 months and I have not secured 1 single thing for the upcoming baseball season. I'm basically writing this post to inspire myself to get my sh** together!! Wish me luck!
- Mar 22, 2017 Happy Birthday to my Husband!
- February 2017
- Jan 30, 2017 How I Failed in my Own No-Added Sugar Challenge & Why I Don't Feel too Bad About It
- Jan 28, 2017 A Baseball Gypsy's Baseball Countdown, 3 weeks
- Jan 26, 2017 My 2017 Mantra
- Jan 21, 2017 A Baseball Gypsy's Baseball Countdown, 4 weeks
- Jan 13, 2017 A Baseball Gypsy's Baseball Countdown, 5 weeks
- Dec 31, 2016 My Favorite Things from Twenty Sixteen!
- Dec 19, 2016 The Time Has Come to Sloooooooow Down
- Dec 7, 2016 Note to Self… workout for me NOT for a particular Physique
- November 2016
- Jul 30, 2016 Happy Birthday Scout!
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- Mar 27, 2016 Scout & Wrigley in a New City (Spring Training Edition pt. 2)
- Mar 22, 2016 Happy Birthday to my Husband!
- Mar 10, 2016 Party Like a Pineapple---My Bachelorette Party
- Mar 4, 2016 Scout & Wrigley in a New City (Spring Training Edition)
- Mar 1, 2016 Brunch @ The Montauk