Less is more
I challenged myself this year to not only write goals and resolutions for 2017, but to pick one word to define my year ahead. I had a hard time nailing down one word to describe all the things I wanted to accomplish in 2017. So naturally I chose three.
Less is more.
When writing down my list of resolutions, I realized they were all about slowing down, being in the moment, and being the healthiest version of myself.
Enter less is more.
Sometimes I get so caught up in the rat race of life that I forget to stop and smell the roses. My lifestyle is anything but ordinary, which makes it hard to slow down. Plus, I'm a California girl, so I love the hustle and bustle, I love being busy, and I love doing tons of things all at the same time.
With that said, I made a list of all the things I want to do less and more of in the New Year. Constantly reminding myself that
Less is so often more.
Less binge eating more moderation
Less stress more smiles
Less screen time more moments enjoyed
Less exercise more stretching
Less fake more real
Less TV more reading
Less procrastination more planning ahead
Less late nights more sleeping in
Less alcohol more water
Less scale weighing more comfortable in my own skin
Less coffee more tea
Less complaining more embracing
Less clutter more room to breath
Less makeup more natural
Less talking more doing
This whole My One Word thing is incredible. It allows you to hone in on your resolutions and goals and tie them all together. I recommend looking back at your 2017 resolutions and picking one word to describe them all. Or a couple words :) I would love to know what YOU chose to describe your 2017.
- Mar 22, 2017 Happy Birthday to my Husband!
- February 2017
- Jan 30, 2017 How I Failed in my Own No-Added Sugar Challenge & Why I Don't Feel too Bad About It
- Jan 28, 2017 A Baseball Gypsy's Baseball Countdown, 3 weeks
- Jan 26, 2017 My 2017 Mantra
- Jan 21, 2017 A Baseball Gypsy's Baseball Countdown, 4 weeks
- Jan 13, 2017 A Baseball Gypsy's Baseball Countdown, 5 weeks
- Dec 31, 2016 My Favorite Things from Twenty Sixteen!
- Dec 19, 2016 The Time Has Come to Sloooooooow Down
- Dec 7, 2016 Note to Self… workout for me NOT for a particular Physique
- November 2016
- Jul 30, 2016 Happy Birthday Scout!
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- Mar 27, 2016 Scout & Wrigley in a New City (Spring Training Edition pt. 2)
- Mar 22, 2016 Happy Birthday to my Husband!
- Mar 10, 2016 Party Like a Pineapple---My Bachelorette Party
- Mar 4, 2016 Scout & Wrigley in a New City (Spring Training Edition)
- Mar 1, 2016 Brunch @ The Montauk