Hey guys! Checking in from beautiful Colorado Springs! I just finished my 2nd Colorado Orangetheory class and it kicked my BUTT! I knew the altitude would have some sort of effect on me, but I never thought it would have a 13 splat point effect!!
It was an ESP day at OTF and we spent the first half of class on the treadmill & the second half on the weight floor. We did the endurance block on the tread, the power block on the tread & rower, and the final strength block back on the treadmill. I earned all 13 of my splat points on the treadmill.
What impressed me the most was that my heart rate stayed spiked (green zone) on the weight floor. As you can see from my Workout Summary I spent a lot of time in the green zone. We did some exercises that got my HR up (burpees & pop jacks) but for the most part I think the altitude is what kept me short of breath the majority of the workout! As my California OTFers know, I usually earn 3-4 splat points a class and occasionally burn over 500 calories... Well Colorado exceeded my expectations as I burned 618 cals in just one class!
You bet I'll be back to this OTF on my next Colorado Springs visit! Any chance for me to burn over 600 calories in one 60-minute workout is a win in my book!!!
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 2, 2016 November Workout Summary
- November 2016
- October 2016
- Sep 8, 2016 August Workout Summary
- August 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- Apr 28, 2016 I’m still upping my pace at Orangetheory, here's what I continue to learn…
- Apr 22, 2016 Orangetheory Fitness Marathon Challenge
- Apr 4, 2016 March Workout Summary
- Mar 1, 2016 February Workout Summary
- Feb 22, 2016 I "upped my push pace" at Orangetheory Fitness, here's what I learned...
- Feb 17, 2016 32-Minute Hotel Gym Full Body Workout
- Feb 1, 2016 January Workout Summary
- January 2016